30 ways to nurture yourself – mind, body, and soul.
Do you struggle to find ways to love and nurture yourself? If you do you certainly are not alone. People often find that when they get stressed or overly busy the first thing that get’s dropped is themselves. Self-care is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves however, and creating a daily practice of self-love can make the difference for how you begin to live your life in a way that expands and grows who you are and who you can be in a beautiful way.
Why not pick one of these each day and add to it with your own ideas?
- Have a relaxing, warm bubble bath by candlelight
- Take a walk in nature, breathe, and really look at the things you see around you.
- Treat yourself to a massage.
- Discover sound bath meditation.
- Watch the funniest movie or comedy series you know.
- Visit a museum or art gallery to appreciate just one work of art fully.
- Sit in warm sunshine with nothing to do but ‘be’.
- Read a chapter of your favourite book – again, because you can.
- Get a pedicure, manicure or blow-dry at your favourite salon.
- Go to a kids playground and play
- Lie on the ground a watch the clouds float by. Allow yourself to daydream.
- Print out a favourite picture and enjoy creating art for yourself to enjoy.
- Put on your favourite song and sing loudly for yourself.
- Dance so it makes you giggle.
- Wake up early and watch the sunrise.
- Take time to look at the stars.
- Visit the tallest building you know and get a fresh perspective.
- Go to the movies by yourself. (afternoon showings always feel extra treaty to me!).
- Visit a nice park you don’t usually go to, sit on a bench, and watch the world go by.
- Find somewhere to swim outdoors. Feel the water on your body in a new way.
- Learn to meditate with a master (You Tube is fine. A class with others is better)
- Walk barefoot on sand.
- Buy a beautiful smelling body lotion and lovingly rub it in to every part.
- Keep a gratitudes journal and write three things you are grateful for. Once is wonderful. Every evening can be life-changing.
- Complete a page of a colouring or doodle book.
- Bounce on a trampoline.
- Write a list of crazy dreams. The crazier the better.
- Take an afternoon nap under a cosy blanket.
- Do at least 10 minutes of yoga. Take a class if you can.
- Read something new about something new.
- Buy an essential oil that makes your heart sing and breathe in the scent for a few minutes.
Take time to enjoy what it is to be you. You are the home you live in. Nurture yourself and see what else shifts on your life. And if you’d like to enter into a conversation about how I can support you on nurturing yourself and in letting go of the ways you hold yourself back, just drop me a line here.